Thursday, May 1, 2008

{rite of passage}

(Steve, Joe, Steve, John)

Steve receiving his pin. (I couldn't get him to look up)
For all of those who don't know, Tuesday was Steve's "Rite of Passage" ceremony. What it is, a ceremony celebrating what they have accomplished and the next step of medical school, the beginning of clinical rotations. During the ceremony Steve's professors talked about how the students should have an open mind going into rotations and how they will probably change their mind many times about what they want to specialize in. Clinical rotation is a time to explore many different specialty's and determine what is the most appealing to the student. The students all had to wear their white coats. Everyone received a DMU pin and was able to stand and recite the student oath. I am very proud of Steve and all of the time and hard work that he has put into medical school. He is a great student, dad and husband and I admire him for being able to make a balance between all of his responsibilities. He is a very determined and passionate student and I believe that this will carry through to his profession. We are so proud of him and all of the other students and families who have made it this far. Good luck to all of those in the class of 2010! WAY TO GO!

3 comments:

Dave& Jaime Adams said...

Thats awesome, congratulations Stevie J!!! We are proud of you too. And Celestia don't know if you meant to but your comment on our blog maybe me cry cause I really miss you guys too!! I can't wait to see you guys this summer. (we could maybe do Michigan???) Love you guys. (oh one more thing, Averee likes to say "happy birthday Cannon" anytime its someones birthday,how funny is that)

Anonymous said...

That is awesome Steve. I wish I could have been there to see it. It looks like they make the coats for short guys though. Not many tall doctors I guess.

Dave

Andrea said...

Yeah for Steve!! That first pic with all 4 of the guys...Wow!! I can't wait in 2 years when we can have them all stand together again as offical doctors!! Yeah for 2 years down--and another hopefully better 2 to come!