I am really sad today. This will be my last full day in Iowa. I will miss all of my wonderful friends. I can't believe this chapter in my life is ending and another one, even farther from my roots is beginning. We have come to love Iowa and even the humidity is not that bad. I'm not going to have time to call all of my friends and tell them good bye but I just wanted them to all know how much I love and appreciate them and everything that they have done for specifically me, my husband and my family. We could not have moved to a place and felt more welcome and comfortable then we have here.
Thank you Shauni (ahh, where do I start?) for all of the early mornings of running and pushing ourselves to fulfill one of my goals of a marathon. I couldn't of done it without you. Watching my kids while I work and teaching me to can and sew. The crazy times at the Mac Shack and our trips to the park, mall, YMCA, you name it. I will never forget the many wonderful memories of us and our kids together.
Thank you Kristine for teaching me how to make bows and all of the long talks we had. All of the times I needed to vent and whine. I will miss just hanging out and squeezing your girls. Thanks to John for taking it easy on Steve and not making him cry too much.
I also want to tell Skye how excited I am that she is moving to Michigan with us. I'm so happy our memories won't stop in Iowa. You'll hear more on my entries to come. Your such a great friend and I can't wait to learn so much more from you.
Thank you Stephanie for bailing me out and watching my kids at the last moment. You have been so fun to talk too and you are such a sweet person. I will miss our Sundays in the foyer.
Thanks Lisa for organizing so many get-togethers and having the opportunity to hang out with your family. Your girls are so cute and you are such a good mom. You have been such a good friend. I still am amazed at all of the activities you have for your kids. Supermom!
Megan you are such a sweet person. You are so kind and you know how to do so many creative things. I will never forget the Halloween party you had with all of the "spooky food". Cannon will truely miss playing with Kaden. They had so much fun together.
I can't forget Jennifer Janke! Thank you for putting up with my husband for the long transport to Idaho and for feeding him before I was even in Iowa. Your family has always looked out for him and I really appreciate it. Cannon and I will miss our get-togethers. I know it was hard trying to get our schedules together but I will miss the times we did. You are such a sweet person and I love your fun personality.
Thank you Jennie Heileson for all of our fun times. We loved hanging out with you guys. You and your husband have such a fun personality and we always left your home laughing (not in a bad way). I wish we would have been able to run together but I did enjoy working out and having lunch at your home. You better call. Keep up on the guitar lessons. ROCK STAR!
There is many people that have touched our lives here in Iowa and I do really appreciate and love everyone out here. I hope everyone keeps in touch and I will try to also. I really can't believe this is coming to an end. Good luck in the future and if anyone want to visit Michigan, give us a call, we would love to have guests!
I LOVE YOU GUYS!
5 comments:
Thanks for the sweet comments! Steve was a huge help on the way home. It made it seem like we each had a child to look after =) It honestly feels like FOREVER ago that we moved out here and had Steve over for dinner because Karlee was just born- crazy!! You are amazing and although I will miss being able to get together "when our schedules finally mesh" I know you will make plenty more friends in Michigan. You are so friendly and easy to talk. Good luck and we definitely keep in touch. We might see you this summer back in good ol' I.F.
I can't beleive you are no loner in Johnston. Thank you so much for hanging out with me. If it wasn't for Shauni and you it would have been a lot bigger of an adjustment moving out to Iowa. Good luck! Keep updating your blog so we can keep in touch.
I'm so sad that you guys are moving, and sad that it took me so long to read this great post! (I'll blame it on the "retarded" customer service rep at Quest). We have had so much fun with you guys the last two years. I will really miss having your kids over to play and seeing you at work on Saturday nights (hopefully I won't be at work on Sat. nights much longer!)I miss running sooo much and all the great talks and fun times and nasty construction workers in port a potties. You'd better come back and visit us in November! And any other time you are in Des Moines, call me so you can stay with us. We will miss you guys!
Man lady, you can tell it's been forever since my world has stopped enough to let me catch up with ya! I was so happy I got to see you in Idaho, but it wasn't long enough! I miss you a ton! I'm glad you and Skye will have each other! I can't wait to come see ya! Thanks for the love in the post! Don't worry, we'll still talk and vent and whine together!=) Love ya lady!
Kristine
It was great seeing you guys at the reunion!
I hope the move and everything else is going well.
Stay in touch! :-)
Post a Comment