Friday, December 3, 2010

starting today

In an effort to "catch up" on my blog I have decided to start with today's date instead of trying to catch up from August! I'm trying to get better! I really like to journal my thoughts and events, but I have been really busy and have put it off. In the last 2 months we have had many visitors. Dave and Averee came out in October. Steve and Tammy came out for Halloween. Gert and Quinton came a few days later. Then on Tuesday I took my parents back to the airport. And right now, we have one of the sweetest girls staying with us, Cherrell! Needless to say life has been busy! We are so excited for the Christmas season to start. We have put up and decorated the Christmas tree and today we are trying to get the rest of the decorations out. This season I am trying really hard to get my kids to understand the true meaning of Christmas. We have been thinking of things to give to other people, whether it is in the act of a service or a gift. We have started going through toys to donate to salvation army and stalked up on our baking supplies to start making goodies for friends. Hopefully in the next few days I will be able to get some pictures up of our progress.........but don't hold your breath, I am the worlds biggest procrastinator!

4 comments:

Matt and Jessie said...

I think it is awesome that your family comes out to visit you guys! That must make it so much easier to be away! Hope you guys have a very Merry Christmas!!

Skye O. said...

I'm glad I get to see them "in between!" I think Karlee understands the true meaning of Christmas when I heard her tell her Daddy..."all I want for Christmas is a kiss from you!" Too sweet!!!

Anonymous said...

YAY that you updated your blog!!! I was starting to think you canned the whole idea of it... hope things are going good for you guys!

Brizzee said...

Oh my heck Celeste your baby is huge. I love the picture of her and Steven. And Karlee is starting to look just like you. So cute. My husband wears those very same scrubs.