Monday, April 16, 2012

Biggest Slacker

I figure its time to start blogging again! My goal is to be more diligent on journal writing for my family! We have a great time looking back at old pictures and post. Plus I taught a lesson Sunday about the importance of record/journal keeping.......and I don't want to be a hypocrite! Right?? So no recap of the last year and a half, just the pictures I have saved on my computer will do. I don't want to get overwhelmed so we are starting April 1st!
My little boy isn't so little anymore! Cannon had his 9th birthday on April 11th. I love that little man. He is so strong willed yet very tender hearted. The other morning he melted my heart. The kids love racing each other to the bus stop. Karlee thinks she has to win all the time or she gets really mad and pouts. Well they were about half way there and Karlee tripped and slammed into the cement (HARD). I wanted to run out there so bad and pick her up and make sure she was okay, but I stopped and started watching what she would do. Cannon realized Karlee wasn't racing anymore and turned around and saw her laying on the cement crying! He immediately turned around and ran to her side! He gave her a big hug and helped her brush off her hands and knees and they slowly walked side by side to the bus stop together!
I couldn't believe it! Its such a great feeling as a mother to know your kids really do love each other.
The next day was his birthday. All he wanted was a gift-card so he could go pick out his own presents. He spent his gift card on a few presents of his own and put one back so he could have enough to buy Karlee a Barbie!?!
Shocked yet again! I can't believe my little boy is growing up to be such a great person with a huge heart!
Happy Birthday Cannon! We love you!

1 comment:

shauni said...

Yeah! I'm so happy to see you blogging again. I've missed hearing about what your cute family is up to. Can you believe our "big boys" are nine? Cannon is as adorable as ever. I got teared up hearing about Cannon and Karlee at the bus stop- that is so sweet. We sure miss you guys. Hope things are going well for you in Michigan!