Saturday, May 25, 2013

18 Weeks Pregnant with TwINs

18 Weeks

Okay, this is my first pregnant twin belly photo!  I am really self conscious about posting pictures of my pregnant belly, so be kind!

Babies are the size of sweet potatoes (about 5.6 inches) and weigh about 6.7 oz. Its crazy to think I have over 11 inches of baby moving around in my tummy!

 
How far along?  18 weeks
 
Weight Gain?  haven't got on a scale for a couple of weeks but I'm guessing around 12-15 lbs.
 

Exercise?  2 miles every other day. Its not a very fast walk either, more of a stroll.  Its really hard to go to the gym and start walking next to someone I know I could out run before.  And then there is me, walking! AHHH!

Symptoms?  Starting to get uncomfortable when sitting and sleeping.  Morning sickness is gone but I still get a little tired in the afternoon.  Not sure if its because of early morning seminary or being pregnant.  Nothing a 30 min nap won't fix!

Stretch Marks?  None yet, thank goodness. Using pure coconut oil on my skin every day and drinking lots of liquids.

Sleep?  Love it!  Go to bed around 9:30-10pm and wake up around 5:15am.  Try to lay down for a 30 min nap in the afternoon. If not, I go to bed a little early!  I think I am so tired because of how many times I get up to pee in the middle of the night.  I usually have to pee 4-5 times every night! No wonder I'm have to take naps! LOL.

Movement?  Starting to feel more movements everyday.  Every time we have an ultrasound the babies are moving all over.  We took the kids into Steve's office and they got to see the babies on the TV screen completely turn over.  That was really cool for them to watch.

Genders?  Not positive still.  Steve has done lots of ultrasounds really early on. Sometimes it looks like one might be a boy, but could be the umbilical cord.  Next time he thought it might be two girls.  Two friends of mine both had dreams I was having a boy.  I will know for sure on May 29th.

What I miss?  Energy.  And the simple things like picking up my 3 year old, being able to bend over and pick up toys, running, fitting into my regular clothes without having to undo the buttons on my pants!

Food Cravings?  Red meat!  I could eat a steak every night and be happy.  Eggs, lots of milk (it just tastes so good and refreshing)

Food aversions?  Chicken......can eat it if I have too, just not something I want to fix for dinner....EVER! 

Labor signs?  Nothing really. I keep telling Steve and my doctor, I am going to be the easiest and least complicated twin pregnancy they have ever seen.... for some reason they don't believe me.  So I'm out to prove them wrong!

Belly button in or out?  In.  It is funny though, my belly has a flat spot where my belly button is.  Just waiting for it to round out with the rest of my belly.

Things I look forward to this week? 
  1.   not having to wake up early on Monday for seminary because of Memorial Day
  2.  having my kids home.
  3.  Getting my official anatomical (level 1) ultrasound.
  4.  Going to the Zoo with Karlee for her field trip
  5.  Snuggling baby Kinlee all day while watching Stella and Aliza play.

2 comments:

Skye O. said...

Cutest pregnant mom ever! Love all the stats-will be interesting to see how much and how fast it changes.

Jaime Adams said...

Celeste you are beautiful ALWAYS. LOVE the pregnant belly. I think the weekly updates are awesome. What a fun idea. Crazy how much you are craving red meat. That's always the one thing I have a hard time with. And cereal, we both know how much I like cereal. It all started when we lived together while pregnant with Aves & Karlee. Yummy! Sorry you are so sick hope you get feeling better. Keep posting pictures it makes me feel like I'm not missing your pregnancy. I love you.