Tuesday, June 18, 2013

21 Weeks Pregnant with TwiNs

I can't believe I am more than half way through this pregnancy!  It has gone by so fast, and I mean really fast.  I am excited and really nervous for these two boys to arrive.  I don't think it has really sunk in yet.  Except for the part every week on Sunday where I look down and think "now I know my belly wasn't this big last week."  Its just growing SO SO fast.  But I really do love it.  I complained so much about my last pregnancies even though they were pretty easy, I promised myself I would cherish every moment of this pregnancy no matter how hard it got or how sick I felt.  So many women would love for the opportunity to be pregnant and would do anything for it.  So my lesson is learned....love every minute of the opportunity our Heavenly Father gave me!

This week the babies digestive system has developed enough that they are beginning to swallow amniotic fluid and absorb small amounts of sugar.  Most of the nutrients are still delivered through the placenta. Heart beats can now be heard on a simple stethoscope!

21 weeks (kids had to take photo and my camera is doing crazy things)
 
Babies are about the size: of a banana (10.5 inches and weigh 12.7 oz).  Crazy to think just one of the babies has grown about 4 inches in ONE week. Times two.... they have grown EIGHT inches. WOW! No wonder I can literally watch my belly grow...LOL
 
 
How far along?  21 weeks
 
Weight gain?  Have my Dr's appt next week.....so we will see!
 
Workouts?  Lots of cleaning.  I think nesting has settled in early for me.  I'm constantly cleaning, maybe its because I know in the near future I won't be able to move as much!
 
Symptoms?  Not a lot. A few cramps here and there.  Feet still sore after standing for a long period of time. 
 
Stretch Marks?  Not yet....but my belly is starting to itch more.  Still using coconut oil in hopes I can keep those stretch marks from coming!
 
Sleep?  Ok!  My sides are getting sore and by the morning I am more than ready to get out of bed to give them a break.
 
Movement?  More and more everyday. Instead of just feeling movement I am starting to recognize feet kicks in different spots from different babies (if that makes sense)  Not sure which baby they are coming from!
 
Genders?  Still boys as far as we can tell!
 
What I miss?  Running, this weather is making my crave to go out running!  Being independent.  I am used to doing things on my own and each week I am asking for more and more help!
 
Food cravings?  This week every morning I have wanted my Greek Yogurt Pancakes.  So good for you and lots of protein.  Fruit, soda pop and in the evenings a bowl of cereal!
 
Food Aversions?  French fries and the smell of the deep fat fryer my husband so dearly loves. 
 
Labor signs?  Nothing really. 
 
Belly Button In or Out? IN

Things I look forward to this week?
1.  Basketball and swimming lessons for my kids
2.  Next Dr's Appt
3.  Fathers Day to celebrate and spoil my Hubby, my father and my father in law.  (I got the best of each)
4.  Trying a few recipes I found on Pintrest
5.  The gorgeous weather we are having. Not too hot, and Not too cold!

2 comments:

Skye O. said...

You look so cute & the picture looks great! It really has gone fast-here goes another 20!!!

Marissa said...

You seriously look great! I love reading your weekly updates. Did you know Jessica (Wing) Tripp is having a girl in September, I think. So fun that we're all having sweet kiddos together! Hope you continue to feel good! <3