Thursday, April 17, 2008

Cannon's Birthday Weekend

This weekend was an awesome weekend despite the nasty, rainy weather. It all started out Thursday when Cannon and I started making cupcakes for his preschool class. Cannon had such fun helping mom. He couldn't wait until we were done so he could lick the batter out of the bowl. Later that night we told the kids we decided to go get "ice cream" and some how we got lost and ended up at the airport. While we were there we had another surprise when Papa Steve and Grandma Tammy jumped in our car. Cannon was SO excited and it only took Karlee the ride home for her to start teasing Papa Steve too. The next day Papa Steve furthered his education and went to preschool with Cannon. He couldn't wait to have Mrs Kelly "help him" in the car. Later that day we celebrated Cannon's 5 yr birthday at our clubhouse with all of his friends. I think he was most excited about his motorbike cake. He looked at all of the cakes and he couldn't decide because none of them that motorbikes. So we went to Wal-mart and the made a race track on the cake, with jumps and then we found these little nano motorbikes that Cannon could place on the race track on his cake. That was so much fun for him. His birthday was a sucess and at the same time, total chaos. Well organized chaos, we played games and had a balloon room. Cannon had a blast!

Saturday we spent going out to breakfast at the Machine Shed and then we headed to Steve's school. I think we ate about every 2 hours because we had so many different places we wanted to take them to eat. They love Famous Dave's (my favorite).

Sunday they joined us for church and then Tammy cooked us a wonderful Sunday dinner (that makes me miss Sunday's in Idaho) and we just relaxed while Papa Steve and Cannon decorated monster masks.

Monday, Cannon didn't have school so we went to the Science Center. Papa Steve's favorite was the bubble wands. Simpe pleasure for simple minds! Cannon raced lego cars while Papa Steve tried to build a car that could beat his time, but that didn't happen. Later that night we went to Macaroni Grill where we had the best service ever. Our waitress was so nice and went beyond our needs. She was excellent!

Tuesday was the dreaded day Cannon had hoped would never come. We had to take Papa Steve and Grandma Tammy back to the airport. All I have to say is that Karlee was the only one that cried. Despite was Papa Steve said about me shedding tears, I held back. Well atleast while he was there, but I guess he will never know!

Thanks for everything Papa Steve and Grandma Tammy, we had a blast.

Thanks to all of our friends and family who helped make Cannon's birthday (as he would say) "the biggest, bestest, birthday ever".

We really appreciate all of the love and support we have from all of our family and especially our friends in Iowa.


Papa Steve, I hope you like your new look, we (Cannon and I) had fun dressing you up!

7 comments:

Dave& Jaime Adams said...

It sounds like you guys had so much fun. I hope that Dave, Averee, Olivia/Rylee and I can come out sometime and visit we miss you guys tons. Celeste where do you get all these cute scrapbook pages? Love you guys.

Jamie said...

what a fun post. Are you guys coming to the reunion? If so, Tanner and Cannon are going to get along so well. Tell Cannon to bring a toy dirtbike and they will be best buddies playing in the sand!

Johnson Family said...

Looks like Cannon had a wonderful birthday. I just love when grandpa and grandma come to visit! There is nothing like good friends and family! Oh and by the way there is lots of Famous Daves out here. We love that place! It is funny cause when people come out we always take them there.

shauni said...

It sounds like you guys had a great weekend. That's so nice that Grandma and Grandpa could come for Cannon's birthday. You'll have to let me know who your wonderful waitress was at Mac Grill so I can request her next time :) We are going to miss you guys so much.

Andrea said...

How fun to have grandparents visit!!! It looks and sounds like you guys had a great time. I LOVE all your scrapbook pages Celeste!!! Very cute :)

Next time we go to the Sci Center...i'll give ya a call!

Ally said...

Sounds like a great weekend for Cannon's birthday. I am glad that you all had a great time

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had fun. I wish Jaime and I could have come. We miss you guys a ton. Hopefully we will get to see you guys for art of the time you are here in idaho.

Davie J