Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Enough about me, lets talk about......


Yep, you guessed it. I decide to write a little somethin, somethin about my husband. Basically things I love about him.

#1. I think he is the greatest dad. He loves playing with his kids and always tries to get me involved. He isn't afraid of getting on the floor and rolling around, making messes or drawing spider-man for my kids. As we speak, he is drawing a snowmobile for Cannon of Papa Steve's snow machine. He loves building forts and playing Lego's. Cannon and Karlee scream when they see daddy walking down the side walk. We love daddy time.

#2. Steve is not afraid. He is not afraid to speak his mind. This might seem like a down fall to others but I admire him for being able to speak up and not take crap from anyone. He tells it like it is. He also has no fear. He doesn't think twice about driving 80 miles/hr in a 65 or about climbing the steepest, scariest mountain on his snowmobile. Every winter I ask myself, "Should we have bought a life insurance policy on my husband?" I think someone is ALWAYS looking out for him.

#3. I love that he loves sluffing school sometimes to hang out with his family. On many occasions he doesn't make it to school because he thinks he is going to miss out on taking Cannon to school, exercising with me, picking up Cannon, having mac and cheese and running errands. I usually don't have to ask him "why is he never home?" I usually have to ask "Are you going to school today?"

#4. He loves to snuggle. Don't get me wrong, I love to snuggle too, but sometime in the middle of the night, I get annoyed that he is sleeping in the middle of the bed. He is always roasting hot too. I feel like I'm on fire if I have my legs resting on his legs. In the morning, I have to beg him to let me go so I can get the kids ready for school. If it was up to him, we'd lay in bed and "SNUGGLE" all day.

#5. He is the best back scratcher. I know he gets this from his mom, but he scratches my back almost every night and I usually don't have to ask him. He just loves playing with my hair and scratching my head and back. Needless to say, I'm the first to sleep.

#6. I think he is so smart. Either that or he has an answer to everything. Or maybe, he is just a good fibber. He knows so many things from the medical aspect to how cars run and how to fix them. He is my walking calculator. I tease him when we go to the grocery store because he adds everything up in his head before we get to the check-out. What would I do without him?

Okay, so I just realized I could go on and on. But I didn't want to bore you with my rambling.
So please leave me a comment. Something great about your spouse that everyone might not know.

5 comments:

shauni said...

Cute post! I wish I could talk my husband into missing school once in a while. Here is something great about Colby, (I told this to Alix at work and she told me it was the funniest thing she has ever heard, I don't know whey) Colby likes to play, "I'm dead and the house is one fire," he wrestles me then turns to total dead weight and says, "I'm dead and the house is on fire, now what are you going to do." Then he makes me try to get out of it. I think he views this as a real emergency drill. because there is a pretty good chance that some day I will end up underneath him during a house fire.

Johnson Family said...

So cute! I think that Steve and Justin are going to get along just great. Every time we are about ready to check out at the grocery store Justin says "how much are you guessing it is going to be." I hate playing that game cause I never win, he always already has it added up in his head. Justin won't every miss school or work to just hang out! So you should feel lucky! Justin isn't scared of anything either. He wants to go skydiving soon, and he is like a human heater too. Another thing about him is that he loves golf!! So watch out I am sure he would love to drag you and your hubby to the golf course! I can't wait!

Fenstermaker Family said...

Your such a good wife! I love my hubby too, but obviously not enough to ode to him!=) Just kidding! You know John loves golf too! Something different though? Hmm......He has a lot of little qwerks. He has to sit in the same seat for test days and lecture. If his room is taken to study in, he'll come home and study. He never opens his windows on the computer all the way. He has them all partially open so they don't take up the whole page. It drives me nuts, but whatever! I love him! You guys are great! It's good to know there's so much LOVE!

Steven and Stephanie said...

I love it!! What is it with men and being heaters, I don't like to be cold mind you, but Sleeping next to Steven, is like sleeping in an oven. Something you don't know about my Steven, he loves teasing his children. He isn't afraid to get down and play with them either, even gets on the trampoline, swing or slide. HE is a wondeful daddy. We are very lucky! Thanks for Sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's Fred again! Have to drop in a lil comment here for ya! My husband is great cuz he holds me & tells me I'm beautiful whether it's first thing in the morning or after taking my helmet off w/ a garden in my teeth from dirtbiking. He's so good and sings to the kids and helps them grow. He helped Natalie ride her bike w/o training wheels the other day. He's great when the kids will let him be. They really enjoy him, all of them, when they let it be. That's all I'm gonna say about that! I love you guys & miss you SOOO much!!! I was kinda crying reading your blog stuff. I miss you and guarantee we'll be taggin along to all your busy visiting stuff that you'll be doing when you're here again. Count on it! Love ya!!