
Do your kids ever go through stages of nastiness? We had this last week. Cannon had been really bad. He started talking really sassy and just being mean and nasty, which is really not like Cannon. Steve had been gone a lot this last week so he didn't really understand how nasty Cannon had been. So while I was gone one day, Cannon talked Steve into going to Home Depot and buying wood to make a fort outside. Well I had already returned home before they got back and when Cannon had told me what they did, I got a little frustrated and I talked to Steve about Cannon's behavior. Steve didn't quite realize how bad it was until that day and so we decided that Cannon at this point did NOT deserve a fort. Steve was kind enough to get Cannon and pack the wood and all of the supplies back to Home Depot. Cannon was so upset and cried for a while. I felt like the worst mom ever, but at the same time I really wanted him to snap out of this "phase" he was in. Nothing that I had done seemed to work, like not letting him get all of the toys he received for his birthday out of the box, and taking away the ones that he had, or sitting in his room. I was really frustrated. I felt like me and Cannon were always butting heads and he kept trying to get away with things, sorry to say, but he was acting REALLY SPOILED and ungrateful. So after Steve made Cannon return everything he was really mellow that evening and I felt really bad, but as the days have gone by Cannon has been acting better. We remind him about the fort and have promised if he starts being NICER we will help him build a fort in Michigan. He still has some attitude problems but nothing like last week. Needless to say, we all needed some time together. We hooked up with the Frosts and went to dinner and then to the YMCA for Family Night. The kids had Lots of fun and it was certainly nice to be together.
5 comments:
We had a great time on Friday! My boys keep asking me when the next ooey gooey family night is because they want to go again. We should do friday night outings more often.
I totally understand what you are saying. It must be in the air, because Collin is being very difficult as well. I thought that it was just me. I am glad that Cannon decided to cheer up. When are you guys coming to Michigan?
Way to go Celeste! it sounds like it was tough to be hard, but it sounds like what was best for Cannon. Steve was awesome to return everything. Sounds like that really taught Cannon a lesson. When do you guys move? Good luck with everything, we love you all!
Way to stick to your guns. That is so funny that Steve took back all the stuff. Good for him. I am sure that Cannon learned a valuable lesson. Although I am not sure who it is harder on, us or them? He can have an awesome fort out here! Yah Michigan is really pretty right now. I can't wait for you to get here!!
Way to go parents!!!!! Story of my life I tell ya--its a constant battle between trying to teach Hunter how to be grateful and to be happy with the toys he has, and still trying to feel like I am not always being a "mean mom." It sounds like you guys did the right thing! Cannon is such an adorable little boy no matter what :)
Post a Comment