Sunday, August 17, 2008

HappY Anniversary!

Steve and I have been married for 7 wonderful years. I am so happy I met him and we made the choice to get married. I can't imagine my life without him and all of the fun and happiness he brings in my life. One day before we left Idaho my sweet husband told me we were going to go out on a date. We we got the kids ready and took them to Dave and Jamie's house. We started heading down the road but not to Idaho Falls and I got a little confused. I said "I guess we are not going to Idaho Falls!" He just smiled and told me just to enjoy the ride and that he wasn't going to tell me what we were doing. He ended up taking me to this beautiful hotel. It had all of these different theme rooms. It was so awesome. I was totally surprised because he had packed a suitcase with everything I could possibly need. I was surprised he even remembered my running shoes and a ponytail. We got to stay in the Romeo and Juliet Room. It had this huge heart shaped spa. It took us forever to find the restroom because it was hidden away amongst all of the trees in the garden, but when we found it they had made the toilet into a king's throne. It was so cool, they even put it on a pedestal. They bed was located upstairs on a balcony overlooking the rest of the room. He also took me out to dinner and then shopping. I was so surprised and impressed with his sneakiness. He told me that he wanted to give me an early anniversary present because he knew that it would be harder to get away in Michigan. We had a great time and didn't want to leave, just to pack up and leave for Iowa. It was the best date I have ever been on. I love how Steve spoils me. What a great guy!



5 comments:

Dave& Jaime Adams said...

I just have to say that I was very impressed with Steve. When he called and asked us if I could watch Cannon and Karlee for a few hours so you guys could go, I thought how sweet and fun for you guys!!! (hint hint to Dave) Happy Anniversary!! We love you guys and miss you too.

shauni said...

I love the heart shaped bathtub, it is classic! Happy Anniversary.

Johnson Family said...

Your hubby is such a sweetie! I really love that he packed a ponytail with your running shoes. What a smarty pants! How is Michigan treating you so far? Are you liking your new place? How is Steve liking the Hospital?

Anonymous said...

YAY! Way to go Steve!! You guys are totally meant for each other and I love being friends with you. Happy Anniversary and that room looks amazing! How's Michigan?

Steven and Stephanie said...

Ahhh, that is awesome!! Happy Anniversary!! I am so glad you had a wonderful time! I miss you terribly! Hope all is well there.