Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Like Father, Like Daughter

I'm sure most of you have heard the story about when my husband was little. The story about how he talked his younger brothers into greasing up there mom's carpet with Crisco, then stripping butt naked and using it as a Slip n Slide down there mom's hall-way. Well, Karlee decided to pull something like that yesterday but it didn't involved Crisco, rather permanent marker. Yes, she decided to strip naked and color all over herself with a black permanent marker. She managed to get every inch of her body, even the soles of her feet, her back, belly, legs, arms, hands and even her face. She found the marker in our church bag and colored the tile in our bathroom and got so crazy marker even ended up on the door. This all happened in a matter of minutes. I just ran upstairs to change the laundry over and then came downstair and realized how quiet it was with a funny smell in the air.
I was trying to get Karlee to show me her arms but because she knew she had been caught and was in so much trouble, all she wanted to do was hide and cry.
These pictures don't really to justice to the crime scene. Let me just put it this way, after I got her out of the bath, the tub had a ring of black around it from all of the ink on her body. We weren't able to get all of it off but atleast it looks faded and will someday disappear.
I guess I should have saw something like this coming. She acts like her dad in so many ways. I guess I was just wishfully thinking!

12 comments:

Brittany said...

OH MY GOSH! What a naughty girl! Sounds like takes after her daddy just a little!

Skye O. said...

Oh no! Watch out. I was worried that it would be Crisco, but magic marker is even worse. did she get her face?

Dave& Jaime Adams said...

Oh man, thats funny! That sounds like a fun mess to clean up. Don't know which is worse. Crisco or permanent marker??? If you haven't tried it yet the magic eraser works really really well. My nephew colored on our crib with a sharpie and that got it all off. Good luck!

The Pascoe Family said...

Oh I've had days like that, and it seems as the day goes on you just find more and more places that have been marked up. With Stevie as a dad I think you have a lot more surprises coming :)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you are blaming my dear sweet innocent boy of this haneous crime. She really is like her father He He. She is still adorable.

Brizzee said...

I have to say that is so cute. Only because it wasn't my daughter who did it. We had a similar experience with my mascara. She came out of the bathroom with it ALL over her face. She was very proud of herself. She said "look mommy, I painted". It wasn't until I yelled her name that she new she was in trouble. We also had black water and a black ring around the tub. Naughty girls! It finally snowed here in Idaho too. Do you guys get to come home for christmas? I hope so, enjoy it while you can because now we are home and Dave rarely gets to spend a holiday at home. This christmas he is working nights. Last christmas he was in Boise working christmas day. It SUCKS! I thought I should break residency to ya because no one told me how hard it was going to be. But you learn to manage and I see a light at the end of the tunnel. Only a year and a half to go. Good Luck.

Riz said...

That is so funny. All the moms out there know when its just a little too quiet in the house there must be something going on. :)

shauni said...

That cracks me up! It's a good thing she's so cute. Ammon colored permanant marker on his tummy once and it didn't come off for weeks. We are hoping to go to Utah for Christmas if it's good weather- how about you guys- what are your Christmas plans? Hey, if you get a minute give me a call I've got a couple of questions for you.

Shelly Elizondo said...

I love days like this. They always seem to come in spurts so hide the scissors! Give the cute girl a hug for me.
Shelly

Johnson Family said...

I can never quite figure out how kids are so dang fast!! They can have an entire room upside down in minutes. Kamden got a hold of a red permenant marker once. Colored himself, the wall, the window, but worst of all he got it all over a blanket my mom made me for my wedding. Geez! I can fill your pain!!

Lisa said...

How funny! Karlee looks so grown up. I can't believe how fast they change. You always have her hair done and dressed so cute. See I told you that you need a bunch of girls!

We loved the Christmas card. Ashlyn keeps asking when we can go visit Cannon. Maybe Zack will do a rotation that way. If you guys are still in the area we could come visit.

Did you go home for Christmas?

Shelly Elizondo said...

We are so excited to see you guys in a few weeks!
The Elizondo's