Monday, December 1, 2008

RECaP of November

Sorry about being such a slacker for the month of November. I can't believe it is over already. We have been so busy that I have been slacking on my blog. So I thought I would give you a recap in a nut shell.

Steve finished his internal medicine rotation and started a new one in surgery. He liked internal med but still wonders if it will be exciting enough for him. Surgery has been very exciting, but he feels the stigma of surgeons, being arrogate, is true. Not all are like that, of course, but a lot are and he doesn't like the idea of having to deal with people like that. He really does like the surgery part, though. Last Tuesday, (his second day of surgery) he went to work about 5:15am and didn't return home until Wednesday around 3:30pm. The kids were wondering where daddy was and if he was ever going to come home. Luckily because of Thanksgiving they let him have the rest of the week off.

As for the rest of us, Wednesday we got ready for Thanksgiving. The kids helped me make a couple of pies to take over to the Olson's. Thursday morning we spent hanging out with the missionaries and then we all headed over to the Olson's for Thanksgiving dinner. We spend the rest of the day playing Wii and looking through ads. Friday morning Skye, Allison and Michelle (Matt's mom and sister) and I went and hit lot of early bird specials. It was a lot of fun but I have to be honest the lines out here are by far the worst I have ever seen. We waited for a long time in lines and they didn't seem to be moving. But it was still fun to hang out with everyone and share the excitement on the great deals we found. After shopping we all had breakfast together and after sitting down, realized how tired we all were. Needless to say, the rest of the day was spent lounging around. Saturday our ward had a Turkey bowl followed by a breakfast. Steve and I are on activities so we spent the morning helping make breakfast. It was a lot of fun. So here we are back at Monday starting the routine all over again. Hopefully everyone had a great Thanksgiving and found some awesome deals. I'll try to be better to update my blog, but I can't promise anything, it is December now!

4 comments:

Matt and Jessie said...

You have been busy! I bet you had so much fun with your parents visiting. I cannot believe that Steve worked that long! I hope that is not his regular schedule. How can he function on no sleep? Glad to hear that you had a Happy Thanksgiving. It sounds like you guys have such a great attitude about being away. I am sure you were missed around here! As for us, I was glad that my dad ran with us. He is in good shape, so I wanted him to see how fun it is. Anyway, I did alright for me on the 10K. I ran it in 51 minutes 24 seconds. It was really fun! I am finally to the point where I can enjoy the scenery and what is going on around me, instead of just trying to finish. By the way, your blog is always so cute!

Dave& Jaime Adams said...

Yeah busy busy like always thats awesome. I sometimes think I need to be busier when I read your blog and how busy you are. Am I a slacker??? Sounds like you guys had an awesome Thanksgiving weekend. I am glad to hear it. We did miss you guys lots though. Love you guys!

Shelly Elizondo said...

Glad to hear you had a great Thanksgiving! We miss you guys. Don't you love how a good deal can beat a long line. I love Black Friday!

Brittany said...

Hey slacker - nice to see you back in blogging land :) So I can't believe how big your kids are - and I just read the funny things your kiddos have said. Too cute!!