Thursday, March 26, 2009

I have been really busy lately and haven't spend enough time in front of the computer. I know, that is just an excuse but that's what I'm sticking too. Anyways here is another recap of all of our events over the last month.

-----Steve started and finished another rotation in urology and absolutely loved it. He had long hours, but he always came home happy. He says urology is probably what he will end up doing if everything works out getting into a residency. Monday he started another rotation in family practice and he still isn't a fan, and already excited to be done with it.

-----As you have all heard, Skye had her baby (yes, I'm using her excuse for me being a slacker)She has cute little baby girl that I've haven't been able to see very much because my kids or I have been sick.

-----My life went on hold the first day I decided to read Twilight, yes I have to apologize to those who encouraged me to read them, and I didn't, because I had no idea what the books would be like and once I found out, I couldn't stop myself. In ten days I read all four books and loved every bit. Sad to say, but I even went online and read Edward's version called Midnight Sun that hasn't been published yet. So now I encourage those who haven't read the books to read them. Oh ya, the movie was great too. BIG FAN!

-----This last month I was also released from my church calling as the youth Sunday School teacher and given another one that has really been overwhelming and has took a lot more time than I was used too. But I love it and am very excited about it.

-----The weather in Michigan is starting to feel a little bit warmer so we have tried to spend more time outside. Both of the kids have been able to ride there bikes a couple of times and go to the park. We can't wait for summer to come!

6 comments:

Erich said...

Hey Congrats on the new baby girl that is so exciting! Good luck with the name picking...that's so sweet Karlee loves the baby Jesus name. Just gotta love kids. Hey I love the new blog picture you have up, you have such a cute family! And I totally hear you on Twilight. I was all skeptical but then when I gave it a whirl I was hooked. I'll have to read the Midnight Sun.

shauni said...

Hey you! I'm so glad to hear that you are still alive and kicking- I was starting to worry. I have been meaning to call you and see how everything is going. I'm dying to see some cute pregnant pics of you- let's have it, a full profile shot so I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. We are going to be in Utah all Summer for colby's core rotation but we'd love to have Steve stay at our place if he needs to while he's in Des Moines (it might be better for him if it's vacant!) Let me know what you think and we can figure out some way to get a key to him. I'm also dying to know what this new calling is ?? Is it classified? Do you need anything for this new baby girl? Let me know, I want to send her a little package. We miss you guys, hope you're feeling well.

Matt and Jessie said...

Glad to hear that things are going well! Hopefully you are feeling less overwhelmed! Hey, so that was so funny about Twilight. I just did the same thing. In the beginning of March I started with Twilight to see what the big deal was. About 10 days later I had finished all 4 books and seen the movie. Now I get what the craze was about! Anyway, hope you are feeling great!

Skye O. said...

Yes...you have been a busy girl and mostly because you've been doing so much for me and my family!! Seriously, you're the best!

I still can't believe you read all those books that fast. seen the movie yet?

p.s. i've been thinking we need to do a girl's day...lunch, shopping, etc...no kids? you in?

Brittany said...

glad to head that life is going well! hope the pregnancy is too!

Fenstermaker Family said...

Hey, you are alive! Congrats on the calling! (Skye told me.) I can imagine your life has been extremely busy! How are you feeling? T-I-RED? I bet. We found someone to rent our house, so we are probably moving in like 3 weeks! AHHHHH! Probably, if that our landlord isn't a problem. We've had issues. Anyway, call me sometime. I DO have a phone still!=) Take care lady! Miss ya!