This is what happened to my baby about 18 hours before we left for Florida. Karlee and Cannon were both sitting on the table looking at pictures with Steve and I when Karlee placed her arm behind her to lean back and found out their was no more table behind her and she tumbled to the floor. At 8pm on Monday, we rushed Karlee to the hospital. The whole ride to the hospital she sat next to her dad as tough as can be. She didn't cry the entire time! She was so brave. I was more of a wreck then her. I just keep saying "why did this have to happen today?" We knew she broke both her radius and ulna but luckily is was a clean snap and wasn't displaced. By that I mean, the outer layer of the bone was still attached. She first started crying when the doctor gave her a shot for conscious sedation to set her arm back in place. It was really sad watching them reduce her arm but we knew she was in good care. We ended up getting home from the hospital about 1am and I stayed up packing for Florida in hopes that we would still be able to make our flight at 3pm. The next day we woke up bright and early and made a million phone calls trying to find an orthopedic that was willing to see her that day. Finally around 10am we had an appointment and to our surprise they now make waterproof casts. So we gladly paid the extra money to get a PINK waterproof cast. We were so grateful to the doctor who understood our situation and got her in immediately. In the end, we got Karlee put back together and made our flight out of Detroit. Now we are just playing in the rain having a great time in Disney World.

8 comments:
the rain? Oh no! At least her cast will still be ok in the rain. :) Hope you're having fun! Can't wait to hear about your adventures. How did the flight go? I've been wondering about you ever since. Hang in there!
I am glad to hear that she is okay! Hope it doesn't slow you guys down on your vacation!
Oh, MAN! Well, if you're going to have an adventure, you might as well go the whole way, right?? Hope she's doing well - you, too!! Have fun. . .
That stinks. At least you got it all taken care of in time. She is such a tough little girl.
You guys are going to have so much fun. I am so jealous and wish I was there. Can't wait to see pictures!!! Hope the weather clears up.
Holy crap! Your poor little girl! Glad things turned out well so that you could make your trip though!
Oh Karlee! I am so sorry. That had to have hurt. You are so lucky that you still got to go to Orlando. I doubt it will slow her down much on the trip, post lots of pictures...
Oh poor little Karlee! She is tough, and at least she got a pink cast! I hope you guys are having a blast on your vacation- I'd love to see pictures!
Ouchy! Looks like you had a blast at Disneyworld. We love that place!
Your kids are growing up so fast. We love and miss you. Im so excited that grandma and grandpa got to go with you. Those are memories that you treasure forebver.
Post a Comment