Last Friday the kids and I decided to venture the 10 hour drive to Iowa to visit some friends. Cannon had been asking for a while to see Ammon and Carter, so before school started and while Steve was away on rotations I figured it would be the perfect time. Our trip started out about 6am with Cannon wondering where in the heck we were going while it was still dark outside. Steve called us before he got to the hospital and told Cannon because he has been such a big help we decided to take him on a trip to see Ammon and Carter. As soon as he heard we were going to Iowa, he was ALL SMILES. He didn't say to much, he just stared out the window with a huge SMILE on his face. The trip went pretty fast. The kids were so good, no problems! We got to Iowa just in time for Ammon to get home from school and that was pretty much the last time I saw Cannon until Sunday morning when we left.
Here are some things we were able to do. (not in chronological order)
Raccoon River
Carter, Cannon & Ammon
Pizza with Megan, Shauni, me and all of the kids
(Cannon, Ammon, Carter, Kaden, Karlee and Austin)

Friday night we got a babysitter while we spent the night on the town.
Friday night we got a babysitter while we spent the night on the town.
(Dinner @ Mimi's Cafe and shopping without kids)
Raccoon River

Old stompin ground--Neal Smith Trail--
many mornings along this trail training for the marathon
this time we took the kids for a bike ride since we couldn't go for a run.

Dewey Park for lunch
Abbi and Maddi

first picture I got of Maddi smiling
Raccoon River
Old stompin ground--Neal Smith Trail--
many mornings along this trail training for the marathon
this time we took the kids for a bike ride since we couldn't go for a run.
Dewey Park for lunch
first picture I got of Maddi smiling
enjoying snacks in the shade
On Saturday I was also able to visit the Janke's who just had there new baby. He is the cutest little thing. It was fun to chit-chat with them and see there family.
notice all of the kids are still smiling without naps, long days, short nights and lots of playin
It was so much fun to spend a couple of days in Iowa. I forgot how much fun we used to all have together. The 10 hour drive was worth every minute. I can't wait until November when they get to make the trip to Michigan.
Thanks Shauni, Ammon, Carter and Abbi for all of the fun adventures! We miss you guys!
5 comments:
I feel homesick for Iowa now. Hope they can make it to MI in Nov...that would be so much fun. You & I should have a girl's night here...well when Steve, and then Matt gets home. :) Is it possible?
How fun Celeste. I am so glad that you as well as your friends have great friends. What a fun excursion!
I am still SMILING from seeing you guys! It was so much fun, how could you possibly forget how much fun we used to have? I promise I am emailing you more pictures and recipes. Can't wait to see you guys again.
What a great surprise to see you!! Thanks so much for stopping by and meeting Lennox. It was great to see you and Madeline - she is absolutely adorable!! I'm glad your drive was safe and can't wait to see you again.
Oh you guys have the best genes EVER! Such a cute family, and I can still see the honeymoon sparkle in the two of you!!!!
Thanks for letting me keep tabs on ya, totally enjoy it!
:)Shacone
Post a Comment