Thursday, July 11, 2013

25 Weeks Pregnant with Twins

These last two weeks have been crazy with Valarie in the hospital and then with the funeral so I didn't get a chance to take my 24 week photo.  I decided to just combine 24 & 25 Weeks.

24 Weeks
The babies senses are developing.  They should probably be able to sense what is upside down or right side up.  The respiratory system is rapidly growing in preparation for breathing, moving amniotic fluid in and out of the lungs.  But for now the babies are still getting oxygen through there placenta's.  This week the babies are viable.  They can potentially survive outside the womb. (hopefully this won't happen for a LONG time) The babies eyelids are still shut, but the optic bits beneath are about ready to see the world.  The retina is on its way to being fully developed, but the iris hasn't turned that special hue yet.  That won't happen until after the babies are born.


25 Weeks
The babies body parts are continuing to become more proportional to each other.  Baby fat is also continuing to fill in the babies wrinkled skin for a smoother look and more hair is growing, developing texture and color.  The babies are really growing quick now. (I'm blaming this on my weight gain, HA!) Tiny capillaries below her skin give her a soft pink glow.  The babies cerebral cortex is coming into its own.  Activites are still being orchestrated by brain areas that developed earlier, but before long the cerebral cortx will help with more complex actions like thinking, feeling and planning. (like being born)

Babies are the size of: rutabagas (13.5 inches each) and weigh 1.5 lbs.

How far along? 25 weeks

Weight gain?  Not sure, had to cancel my dr appt for the funeral.  We will know for sure at 26 weeks.

Workouts?  Nothing but sanding, painting and cleaning......which in my mind, HAS to count!

Symptoms?  Achy feet after standing all day and a few cramps here and there.

Stretch Marks?  None yet!  Hoping coconut oil will cure me of that.

Sleep?  Actually pretty good, but I can tell all this energy I was having is starting to disappear.  Getting more sleepy.

Movement?  LOTS of kicking.....even up higher in my ribs and on my left side.  Which hasn't been the case. Most of the movement has been on the right.

Genders?  boy...boy...

What I miss?  fitting into my clothes, bending over to pick things up, standing up easily and sqeezing through tight places (not happening)

Food aversions?  None

Food cravings?  Milk and cereal.

Labor signs?  a few cramps here and there.....nothing serious, but my husband freaks out anytime I hold my belly.  "do we need to go to the hospital? are you okay?  how bad are they?  is it constant?"  You would think he's never been through this before.  LOL.

Belly button in or out?  half and half....its not all the way out, yet! I'll give it a week or two!

Things I look forward to this week
1.  Playing with the Olson's until they leave for the summer.
2.  Dr's appointment on Thursday
3.  Enjoying Sunday with Steve home
4.  Hoping my friend Shauna has her baby soon!

No comments: