Wednesday, July 24, 2013

26 Weeks Pregnant with Twins

I am a little late with this post.  Trying to get my hands on a decent camera is difficult.  My camera I can't get to work and the only other decent camera is Steve's phone which he has most of the time. I ended up taking pictures with Cannon's ipod which takes really grainy pics.  Oh well, could be worse!  Anyways we have had a busy summer week.
Monday: We went to Stoney Creek with Skye and her kids and Goldie and her kids.  It was a lot of fun and the kids loved playing in the sand and cooling off in the lake.  I should have got in the water but talked myself out of it.  I just enjoyed watching the kids even though it was about 100 degrees + humidity, and no breeze. 
Tuesday: Karlee and Stella finished up swimming lessons. I took them to Warren Community Center this year and they loved it.  The teachers are awesome and make learning to swim lots of fun.  They were both able to advance to the next level. 
Wednesday:  Cannon had basketball, which he absolutely loves.  This boy eats and sleeps basketball.  He doesn't really watch anything on T.V. unless its old NBA games or highlights. Then goes outside and shoots hoops.  He walks around the house jumping and air shooting trying to perfect his technique.  Then wonders why his ankles hurt?!?! And my sweet friend Shauna had her baby boy and my long lost sister Gerty had a baby girl too.  So excited to have all these babies around!
Thursday:  Steve called early in the morning and asked if we wanted to go to Lansing with him. He had already talked to my doctor and got permission to reschedule my appointment. So we all decided to go. He was chosen to give a lecture to all the 1st yr residents in the state of Michigan on c-sections.  He didn't need to stay for the whole day so we decided to tag along and do a little site seeing.  We went to the MSU Children's Garden and then to the State Building.  After that we wandered around the Farmer's Market.  Stopped and go ice cream and then headed home.  It was a pretty fun day!  It was nice to get to see another part of Michigan.  

 State Capital Building
 
(Laying on the floor looking up)                                                      (at the top looking down)
 
MSU Children's Garden

 



Friday:  Stella had a swim birthday party so I took the kids to Jensen's had they had a blast swimming the afternoon away. That evening I took the Olson's to the airport.  They went to Utah for a month.  Its going to be a LONG month for us in Michigan.  I just plan on keeping myself busy!
Saturday:  Steve had to work so I took the kids up to the hospital and we hung out with him for a couple hours.  We played around with the ultrasound machine.  Steve was getting so frustrated because the boys wouldn't hold still long enough that he could get good pictures of there head.  They kept kicking and punching each other.  It was seriously like a MMA match.  I could tell he was a little proud of that!  LOL.  But in the end he estimated the boys weighing in a little over 2 lbs.


26 Weeks
The babies lungs and brain are continuing to develop.  The babies can detect light and dark through the optic nerve.  They can also hear more than my rumbling tummy.  They can hear outside noises. The babies nostrils are open and ready to work.  The lungs will inhale and exhale amniotic fluid in preparation for breathing air.

Babies are the size of:cucumbers (14 inches) and weigh about 2 lbs each.

How far along? 26 Weeks

Weight gain?  Had to cancel my Dr Appt so I could go to Lansing with hubby, but I should know Thursday at my next appt!  LOL.

Workouts? Notta

Symptoms?  More cramps and a little pressure when standing for long periods of time.  Not sure how my body is handling growing and gaining weight so fast.  At the end of the day my pelvic bones are pretty sore!  Starting to get more tired during the day also.  My energy spurt is on its way out!

Stretch Marks?  None that I can see yet.  But my belly looks crazy with all the blue veins making a map.  My kids think they should trace the veins.  So far I've had a little bit of itching, but the coconut oil really helps relieve the need to scratch.

Sleep?  With my ligament pain and pelvic pain I haven't been sleeping so good.  I think if I took a Tylenol or ibuprofen before bed I could sleep better, but I'm trying not to take medicine besides my prenatals.

Movement?  LOTS of movement.  Pretty sure they are doing some MMA in my belly!

Gender?  Still boys...Steve has to check every time we do an ultrasound just to make sure.  Maybe he can't believe he is really getting TWO BOYS.

What I miss?  Ahhh!  Where to start?  I miss sitting comfortably, having my clothes fit right, laying on my stomach at night, walking without pain, you know, the usual!  Still enjoying this pregnancy. Especially because it is so much different than my other three.  I should make another paragraph title which states: What I WON'T miss:  people looking at my and saying or thinking...WOW, she's gonna POP anytime!

Food aversions?  None

Food cravings?  back to my high protein and fiber pancakes.  They are delicious.  Oh and I really like the Meijers brand Vanilla ice cream. 

Labor signs?  nothing crazy, just a few cramps here and there. 

Belly Button in or out?  Finally made its way out.  Very had an outie before!

Things  I look forward to this week
1.  My next Dr. Appt on Thursday
2.  Watching Cannon play basketball and playing outside with the kids
3.  Having Steve home and AWAKE on Sunday
4.  The HOT weather has left and this next week is only suppose to be a high of 82. NICE!

No comments: