Sunday, September 21, 2008

Greenfield Village

Day # 7
Yesterday our neighbors invited us to join them on an adventure to Henry Ford-Greenfield Village. We took a spin in a 1914 Model-T Ford. Very Awesome. We didn't screech any tires! Dang! Papa Steve would have loved this museum. It had so many Model-T and Model-A Fords. Most of them were still running.
We rode one of the original steam locomotives around the park. It had to do a unscheduled steam blow along the way. It shot 4 bursts of steam out of the left side. Very loud. Another place in the park had a shop that we went to, to show us the train up close, but the cool part was they had stairs that went below the locomotive so you could check out underneath it. Amazing! I would hate to be standing there during an earthquake.


6 comments:

ga said...

I have been there before and it is awesome I was hoping you guys would get to go. The village is awesome also I don't know if you got to see all the stuff- The Wright brothers area and Edisons workshop. etc. I was hoping to come visit and go with you guys there. I didn't get to ride in any cars when I was there or ride the train so it sounds even better now. It has been at least ten years since I was there. Is Cannon doing ok? I was going to call today but by time I got out of church I thought it would be too late your time to call. I have some stuff I am going to send to help with his teeth. Email me your address. gaadams@aol.com
I love these blogs they really help me stay in touch with everyone but I also miss all the family stuff maybe more when I see it. Take Care Love Aunt Gay
Ps I had a friend who lived in Canton for several years she may have some good resources for MD's etc if that is close to you at all.

The Pascoe Family said...

What a cool place. It looks like a lot of fun. I wish we had more places like that around here. Luke would get a kick out of that. Love you guys. Sandy

Dave& Jaime Adams said...

How awesome, that looks like it was so much fun. Why aren't there cool things like that closer to us? Seriously though, why???? By the way tonight when we were leaving Steve and Tammy's, Tammy said how she was going to go and see Karlee and Aves said I go with you. So sad she misses little Karlee Bear. Me and Dave are totally going to look into coming out there soon. We miss you guys.

Johnson Family said...

Ohhh that makes me miss Michigan!! We loved Greenfield village. We were able to go a bunch since we had friends that had passes. It was great! Next year in the summer you should go to one of the old fashioned baseball games they have. They have a fun Haloween thing too.

Your dentist story made me laugh only because it really is that way there. People probably think your kidding about the missing teeth thing. If they only knew.

Shelly Elizondo said...

You guys are always off on a new adventure! I am so glad that you are enjoying MI. We probably have cool places in ID if we would venture out and live like tourists. Your kids are so cute, glad to hear that Cannon got all fixed up.
Shelly

Brizzee said...

You guys always look like you are doing fun stuff. I loved medical school for that reason. It was a great adventure meeting new people and doing new things all the time. I miss it a lot. Enjoy while it last!!!