Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Is it for REAL?

I know it is happening all over the nation, but I just have to share my excitement. When we moved to Michigan in July we were paying about $4.37/gal for gas. I really hated to go anywhere because the cost was outrageous. It seriously would cost us over $80 dollars just to fill up ONE of our cars. We could see our money flying fast. Just last night we had to fill up our car and for 21 gallons it cost just over $40 bucks. I was amazed! I haven't seen gas this cheap in a long, long time. Now we can start putting money back in the piggy bank.
Well not really because as most of you know, we live off of borrowed money. It wasn't ours to start with.
During the summer I would go to the gas pump,and truly feel like this comic. If over night gas dropped after I fueled up, I would be so upset at myself and I think, "I could have waited one more day to save 2 cents at the pump." Needless to say I usually drive my car until it is completely empty just to rationalize my spending on gas. It drives Steve NUTS! I have a small fascination with gas prices. Every time I drive by I gas pump, I have to look at the prices. I purposely drive past the gas pump now just to see how much gas has dropped again. I know this won't stay but I enjoy it while its so cheap.

How much is gas where you live?


5 comments:

Matt and Jessie said...

That is funny. I am ALWAYS checking the gas prices and I too drive my van until I absolutely have to put gas in because the price has been falling so fast lately. We are sitting at $2.27/gallon. Of course that was last night, it may have dropped again! Have fun with your parents this week! I am glad you are getting some visitors!

Johnson Family said...

I filled up with gas for 2.25/gallon the other day. Yippy!!! It was wonderful!

ThurberGang said...

I know!! Isn't it *great*?? We filled up for $1.97/gal the other day - $35 for our VAN??? Too good to take advantage of. . . I'm enjoying every minute.

Andrea said...

LOVIN' it here in Iowa too. I just filled up today at Casey's--$1.79 friend!! CAn you believe it. The ethanol/corn mix or whatever it is here (mid grade) is always the cheapest. I guess one of the many (haha) perks to living in IA.

Jeff and Andrea Neitzel said...

I love the cartoon! When we filled up the gas tank yesterday, gas was $1.79 for those who had a Kroger card ($1.89 for those who didn't). It has been so long since I have seen prices like that!