Monday, December 8, 2008

I'm happy to say that it finally snowed out here and actually stuck to the ground. Saturday it snowed almost all day and my kids were excited to get out and build snowmen and Cannon wanted to drive his toy snow machine in it. Steve shoveled the driveway but he started to early because at the end of the day you couldn't even tell he did.
We searched high and low, through lots of boxes before coming to our snowsuits. Karlee didn't want to be left out and was really excited to go play in the snow until she actually went outside.
I think she lasted about 7 minutes before she decided it was too cold and needed me to make hot chocolate with extra marshmallows. Doesn't she look adorable all bundled up!

Karlee was helping me decorate the Christmas tree by playing in the box that it came in. It was a short lived tree, though. Steve saw the tree and decided it wasn't good enough, so he went out and bought a real tree. I forgot how good they smell. The smell makes all of the difference.

This was a funny picture that Karlee wanted me to take of her. She brought my camera to me in the morning and said "say Cheese mommy, say Cheese!" Needless to say she has some crazy bedhead and a jam face.
Oh ya, I just wanted to tell everyone Cannon is now allergic to cookies that DON'T have chocolate chips in them. Just in case any of those grandmas were thinking of making cookies for us.

9 comments:

The Pascoe Family said...

Karlee's hair is just beautiful and Cannon's story about the cookies is priceless.
We woke up this morning with snow finally on the ground here. The first thing Luke said when I showed him was: "Where is my snow suit".
Hey I need your address so I can send a Christmas Card. Just email me it to narfseth@msn.com
Miss you guys

Andrea said...

Cute pics. I love your tree. It looks like you guys got quite a bit of snow there. We still haven't had a "big one" yet...but that doesn't mean that it isn't freaking bone chilling cold here.

Anonymous said...

Karlee is so beautiful! We are really in for it when she gets older. Give me strengnth. I miss her so much she really is a sweetheart you know.

Johnson Family said...

Your daughter is absolutly beautiful!!! I guess I had better find someone to shovel our walkways there cause it looks like lots of snow. :)

Brittany said...

That little daughter of yours is gorgeous! It finally snowed here today too, but nothing that stuck to the ground. Hope you're having a happy holiday!!

Matt and Jessie said...

What a cute bunch! Don't ya love to spend more time bundling them up to go outside than they actually spend outside. I am totally jealous of the real Christmas tree! I hope you guys are doing well!

Dave& Jaime Adams said...

Holy Smokes Karlee's hair is so long and pretty. She is starting to look more and more like you Celestia. I can't wait to squeeze those cute kids!!!!! Yeah it snowed here today and Aves was so excited. When we are finally living by eachother (someday??) we'll have to go cut down our own Christmas Trees together. Dave wanted a real one this year but it didn't happen.

shauni said...

I love that picture of Karlee, her hair has gotten so long! I also think you're crazy for being excited about the snow, I have to admit that I am not loving Winter here- it is way to cold as usual. Your kids do look super cute all bundled up though. We miss you guys!

Riz said...

Hey there...its your cousin Julie. I got your blog from Jessie. Me and Jessie have been in touch from Facebook.

I spent a long time looking at your blog. The kids are adorable, and it looks like you guys are having tons of fun. I will have to add your blog to mine so I can check on you guys regularly!

Julie
www.jrizsheppard.blogspot.com