23 Weeks:
Now, on to the babies! The babies are really active right now. Sometimes we can even see my belly move on the surface. The bones in the ears have hardened and they can hear my voice. At this point each amniotic sac contains about a pint of fluid that is refreshed every 3 or 4 hours. This keeps the babies warm and it protects them from infections and provides buoyancy so they can move around without having to worry about gravity. No wonder I am so thirsty all the time!
Sunday Steve was on call so he talked me into bringing the kids up to the hospital to have dinner with him and he would do an ultrasound. The kids love every chance they get to see the babies. They thought it was funny to see one of the boys punching the other boy. Ahh! They are already fighting. LOL.
Babies are the size of: two large mango's (11.5 inches) and weigh about 1.1 lb each.How far along? 23 weeks
Weight gain? Not sure exactly but will find out next Thursday at my Dr's Appt.
Workouts? Counting all of the cleaning and nesting I'm doing as workouts....it counts right?
Symptoms? The pressure is gone for the most part. My feet are starting to ache and my back is a little sore. Other than that I feel pretty lucky to be feeling this good at this point!
Stretch Marks? Nothing yet.
Sleep? If I can keep my husband from snoring I usually sleep pretty good.
Movement? Lots of kicking......and punching!
Genders? Both still boys.
What I miss? Squeezing through tight places! I forget I'm pregnant and I'll try to squeeze between my car and the garbage can. Then when I look down I realize I have just rubbed all the dirt off the car. Or when I'm trying to wash counters, I have to stand on my tippy toes so my belly can rest on the counter while I wash the other side!
Food Aversions? Nothing really
Food Cravings? Greek Yogurt Pancakes with raspberry jam and blueberries! They are delicious!
Labor signs? Nothing, YEAH!
Belly button IN or OUT? In but not sure how much longer.
Things I look forward to this week?
1. Basketball and swimming lessons with my kids
2. Spending a whole day with my hubby on Thursday!
3. Having a 4th of July party with my friends and lighting fireworks.
4. DIY projects. Refinishing a dresser we got for free for Cannon and then refinishing the dresser which was in his room, for Karlee's room. Got a new-to-us crib and picked up some gel stain to fill in the scuff marks. I love refinishing furniture! Its so exciting!

1 comment:
karlee is one talented little pianist! i totally remember cleaning my car with my belly. :)
Post a Comment