(Can you tell I am completely amused that my husband took this picture?)
Once I got to the hospital my pain started to get worse. They gave me a dose of morphine and that didn't help. An hour after that dose my blood pressure started to drop causing me to get fainty and throw up! I felt like such a baby. All the nurses were super nice. It was just embarrassing to have all these ladies that work with Steve, taking care of me. Anyways, the 2 doses of morphine didn't work so they tried dilaudid. After two doses of that, it still didn't touch the pain. Meanwhile, my urinalysis came back negative. At noon on Thursday they took me down for my 2 anatomy ultrasound for the twins and to scan my kidney's, gallbladder and appendix. They usually prefer a CT scan to rule out problems, but being pregnant with twins they decided the best option would be for an ultrasound. Thursday night the results came back and my right kidney had severe hydronephrosis and my ureter on the right was not showing any urine flow. So they knew somewhere along the way was either a kidney stone or my uterus was so big it had kinked my ureter causing my pain. It was bad enough that I couldn't just wait it out. They needed to do something soon. My doctor and husband decided it would be best if a 28cm stent was placed in my ureter to unblock whatever was causing the problem. Friday morning I was scheduled for surgery. I was pretty nervous but my husband and OB assured me everything would be OK and the babies would be fine. Just in case I did go into preterm labor they gave me two steroid shots to help the babies lungs develop faster. My OB cancelled all of his afternoon patients to come be in the OR and watch the babies. I was so glad he was there. It definitely calmed me down. I was awake during the surgery and was able to watch the monitor and see the part that was blocked. No one actually saw a stone so they are not 100% positive it really was a stone and not just a kinked ureter because of the size of my uterus. The surgery went well and I had no problems. I did have to stay one more night in the hospital to get my second steroid shot and to monitor the babies and make sure I wasn't having any serious contractions. Saturday morning I was able to come home. I had so many wonderful friends volunteer to help out with the kids. I know my family would have liked too but I think they felt better knowing we had an outpouring of help. Now I'm just trying to take it easy and am slowly recovering. So I have just decided to skip my 27 week picture and jump to my next week.
28 Weeks
Officially started my 3rd trimester! WAAHOOO!
The babies brains have developed more tissue and has formed grooves on the surface. They are developing a 20-30 minute sleep schedule. There lungs developing more, blood vessels are forming to circulate oxygenated blood and bronchial tubes are branching. They are starting to make surfactant, which keeps the air sacs in the babies lungs from sticking together. The surfactant will allow them to breathe properly after birth.
Babies are the size of: Chinese cabbage (15 inches) and weigh around 2.25 lbs each.
How far along? 28 weeks
Weight gain? Still not sure. Had to cancel my Dr appt again because of my hospital stay!
Workouts? Nope, just waddling around to get a few chores done every day so I don't get too far behind.
Symptoms? Basically if I stand for more than 30 mins, my uterus feels like it is going to fall out. Once I sit down the pain goes away! Now I put a chair in my bathroom so I can do my makeup, hair and getting dressed while sitting. I could easily take a nap everyday, but all my kids are home so I usually just try to sit on the couch in the afternoon for 30 mins.
Stretch marks? I'm so happy, NO stretch marks yet!
Sleep? Not so much. Last night I started out in my bed. Moved to the couch for a couple hours, then to the recliner for a bit and then back to my bed. My doctor has asked me to stay off my back and right side while sleeping, so basically I'm suppose to only lay on my left side for 8 hours a night?!!!?? Notta..
Movement? Lots of it. Each week the kicks and punches get stronger and stronger.
Gender? Still two boys
What I miss? being independent. being able to clean, cook and do chores without finding a way to do it sitting! Still so grateful they are happy and safe inside my belly. I wouldn't want to jeopardize that at all.
Food Aversions? greasy food, doesn't sound very good
Food Cravings? breads, fresh fruit and soda popLabor signs? luckily nothing much
Belly button In or Out? Definitely OUT
Things I look forward to this week?
1. My Drs Appt on Tuesday
2. Watching Cannon play basketball
3. Just taking it easy
1 comment:
Crazy week! So happy that everyone is safe & sound back at home! Miss you all!
Post a Comment