Yesterday was a pretty busy day. I had my scheduled Dr's Appt at 1pm. I decided to make my Dr and the nurses at the hospital that took such good care of me homemade chocolate chip cookies, just to say "thank you". I know I'm suppose to be taking it easy, but making cookies really isn't that hard and I really wanted them to know how much I appreciated all they did. I ended up doubling the batch of cookies, which ended up being about 16 dozen.
My Dr's appointment went great! My blood pressure was good, almost too good. He keeps wondering why my blood pressure is so low. Usually with pregnancy especially twins it raises it up quite a bit. My pressure has always been around 100/60 even since being pregnant with twins. Who knows?!!? But my fluid levels looked good. I about cried when I got on the scale. I had to remind myself that I haven't been weighed at his office since June 21st. But still, getting on the scale is the worst part. In the end I will weigh more than I have ever before in my whole life. Which really scares me! As we were getting ready to leave I told him I was heading over to the hospital to take the nurses cookies too and he said "Great, Why don't you do an NST while your there?" HUH??!! Why do I have to do that? He assured me that it was just a routine thing I have to do every week until the babies are born. Great! Another appointment! At least I get to see my hubby while there.
So I drove over to the hospital and they started the NST, which is really easy, just a pain. All they do is hook you up to three monitors. One to watch my uterus contract and one each on the babies to check heart tones. Pretty painless and simple right? I ended up at the hospital for 1 1/2 because the babies were not cooperating. Baby B was really easy. They found the heart beat really quick. Baby A on the other hand, not so easy. He would not hold still and they couldn't find his heartbeat. Steve was looking on the ultrasound and could actually see the heart beat so we knew everything was fine, but they just couldn't find it with the monitor. They like to have about 15-20 mins of a good rhythm strip to print out and show the Dr before they would let me go. After standing up, rolling over and going to the bathroom just to get Baby A's heartbeat, they found it best laying on my left side.
Each baby has his own placenta, but Baby B was positioned so his head was laying right on top of Baby A's heart making it really difficult to hear Baby A's heart.
It was a knew experience as I've never had a NST with the other kids. And now I have a standing appointment every week at the hospital until the babies are born. Along with bi-weekly ultrasounds to check the growth and the fluid levels and weekly appointment with my OB. (sigh) I guess these will make the rest of my summer go by faster! LOL
2 comments:
Already to weekly! I need to get home fast- that makes me nervous. I'm getting so excited to meet these little boys! Can't wait to tell them how amazing their mother is that she would bake cookies for the nurses & doctors who cared for her when they were telling her to "take it easy!" You're truly the nicest person I know!!!!!
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
شركة شحن من الرياض الى الامارات
شركة نقل اثاث من الرياض الى الامارات
شركة تركيب طارد وشبك الحمام
شركة تركيب شبك حمام بالرياض
فنى نجار بالرياض
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالدمام
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالرياض
شركة تنظيف بالرياض
Post a Comment