Wednesday, October 29, 2008

This past week we have had a lot of fun partying. The Olson's invited us over for a Halloween party that Cohen & Nixon's Grandma brought to Michigan.
They all had funny faces, chased donuts and squashed balloons.
My Fierce Venom and My Little Red Riding Hood!

This year I decided to get creative and made Karlee her costume. It was a lot of fun, but I can't decide if it was any cheaper.

Never fear, I have plenty of superhero's here. Now the Cannon has two Spiderman costumes, Karlee gets to join the fighting crusade.

Saturday was the ward Truck or Treat. The kids played games and ran around to all of the doors "Trick or Treating". Steve dressed up as a Sen say, while I was Dr. Adams.
Now that we have been in Michigan for a while, we have been up-dated on all of the different traditions. I'm happy to say that Trick or Treating DOES occur on Halloween. In Iowa, Trick or Treating was done the day before Halloween and they called it Beggar's Night. Crazy, I know!

8 comments:

The Pascoe Family said...

Karlee's costume turned out so cute. Everytime we make something instead of buying it always ends up more expensive, but at least it is better quality and one of a kind. We miss you guys and can't until you get to do your traditions with us.

Erich said...

Love the costumes and I am completely impressed that you made Karlees! I'm also impressed that both you and Steve dressed up--Erich isn't so into the costume thing. Anyhow thanks for the binky advice; I appreciate it. I prefer taking advice from mothers I know instaed of random books. Have fun on Halloween.

Dave& Jaime Adams said...

You did awesome making Karlees costume. Its really cute. I haven't attempted anything quite like that before. I am not much of a seamstress (spelling??). Looks like you guys had alot of fun at your halloween partys.

shauni said...

How fun! I love their costumes. You did a great job making Karlees, it is adorable (but I agree, sewing costumes is not cheaper) We will miss you guys at Beggars Night tonight- It will be the end of our Halloween celebrations (and Halloween isn't until tommorow!)

Dave& Jaime Adams said...

Hey I wanted to say that the pictures along the left side of your blog of Cannon and Karlee are so dang cute!! Who did the one of Karlee? I wanted to get my girls hats like that. So fun!!

Shelly Elizondo said...

Isn't it funny how many things there are to do for Halloween? I love the costume you made for Karlee! I hope you have a happy Halloween. Cute new pics of the kids. They are such beautiful kids, I hope you have a couple more.
Shelly

Anonymous said...

you did an awesome job on karlee's costum its so cute! haha my costum didnt really fit me so we had to alter it haha we had to go all the way down to grandmas house for that cuz my mom forgot how to sew haha so karlee is lucky hehe...tell cannon his costum is really cool! haha jackson was captain jack sparrow, lindsey was hannah montana (of course) and emily was tinker bell hehe. Me and one of my guy friends took my siblings to our wards trunk or treat on tuesday and for some reason alot of ppl from my ward thought we were a new young family in the ward..?? either they are crazy or it was really dark that night. haha your whole blog thing is way cute! its good to hear what you have been up to! i miss you! :D

love kelsey

Steven and Stephanie said...

I agree with you, Beggar's night, I just don't get it. It turned out that we had nothing to do on Halloween, try explaining that to a five year old. Luckily Steven came home a day early so that helped a lot!! :)